Every parent-to-be naturally hopes their baby will be born healthy and full-term. Unfortunately, even in these days of hi-tech medicine, about seven per cent of babies are still born prematurely. The good news is that nine out of 10 premature babies go on to lead perfectly normal, healthy lives.
When is a baby premature?
If your baby is born before 37 weeks of pregnancy, they are considered to be premature, or pre-term.
Do preterm babies need any special treatment?
The care needed will depend on the severity of the prematurity and the condition of each baby. General care needed for all preterm babies : • Temperature control o May need nursing in incubator or under radiant warmer (as shown in picture above).
• Blood sugar monitoring o To detect and treat high or low blood sugar levels. • Provision of Nutrition o Borderline preterm babies above 35 weeks who are otherwise well can usually be breastfed exclusively. More preterm babies often need supplementation with formula milk in the early days. • Prevention of infection o Hand washing is of prime importance before and after handling preterm babies.
Three groups of women are at greatest risk for premature birth: • Women who have had a previous premature birth • Women who are pregnant with twins, triplets or more • Women with certain uterine or cervical abnormalities Certain lifestyle factors may put a woman at greater risk for preterm labor. These include: • Late or no prenatal care • Smoking • Drinking alcohol • Using illegal drugs • Exposure to the medication DES • Domestic violence (including physical, sexual or emotional abuse) • Lack of social support • Extremely high levels of stress • Long working hours with long periods of standing Certain medical conditions during pregnancy also may increase the likelihood that a woman will have preterm labor. These include: • Infections (including urinary tract, vaginal, sexually transmitted and other infections) • High blood pressure • Diabetes • Clotting disorders (thrombophilia) • Being underweight before pregnancy • Obesity • Short time period between pregnancies [One study found that an interval of less than 18 months between birth and the beginning of the next pregnancy increased the risk of preterm labor, though the greatest risk was with intervals shorter than 6 months (9). A woman should discuss with her provider the best pregnancy spacing for her.] • Being pregnant with a single fetus after in vitro fertilization • Birth defects in the baby (10) • Bleeding from the vagina Certain demographic factors also increase the risk: • Non-Hispanic black race • Younger than age 17, or older than age 35 • Low socioeconomic status Even if a woman has one or more of these risk factors, it does not mean that she will have preterm labor. However, all women should learn the signs of preterm labor and what to do if they have any of them.
Can't hold premature baby yet. Is there some other way can comfort premature baby?
Can help premature baby feel safe with a technique called containment holding. To do this, while premature baby in her cot, place one hand on her head and the other hand on her back or tummy. Just hold your hands still, with a gentle but steady touch. Containment holding can also help your baby cope if she becomes distressed during treatment or tests. This can ask the nurses to show how to do this. If unit has a physiotherapist, they can also teach about many ways to help premature baby through touch. Premature babies need a lot of quiet and rest, and many neonatal units are trying to keep the lights and the noise levels down. Premature baby might get fretful if she's over-stimulated, so aim to increase your interactions gradually.
Bonding with your premature baby in hospital ? If the baby is born prematurely, they’re likely to need the support of an incubator and will need to stay in hospital until they’re strong enough to go home. But even though not be able to cuddle them as expected, they can recognise your smell and voice, so simply sitting next to them and talking can start to build strong bonds. Might worry that baby looks too fragile to touch, but gentle stroking or massage is a special and comforting way to pass on love and reassurance. Sometimes very emotional visiting their premature baby.Don’t feel up to it some days, take a little time to look after so that better prepared when ready to go back in.
My sis is a gynecology doctor.So when i remember her i choose this topic
It’s located 25 miles outside of London. Among the estate’s neighbours are the Duchess of York, Elton John, and, at nearby Windsor Castle, the Queen. So, what exactly would you get for your money? Well, you know, just the basic:
Again, apparently rumoured to be the most expensive house in the world. It’s located in Kensington Palace Gardens in West London, which has been bought by one of the richest tycoons living in Britain. For some reason, there’s really not that much information available about this property, especially compared to Updown Court. It formerly belonged to Bernie Ecclestone, the Formula One racing boss, who bought the home for £50 million as a surprise gift for his wife. The Kensington Palace gardens houses are dubbed ‘billionaires’ row. Nearby are Kensington Palace and the London home of the Sultan of Brunei. It consists of the former Egyptian embassy and a one-time annex to Russia’s embassy knocked together.
David and Victoria Beckham
Purchase price: £2.5Million
Location: Hertfordshire, England
The Beckham’s purchased this property in 1999, in a small town called Sawbridgeworth in Hertfordshire. The grade II listed 1930s Georgian style house is also known as “Beckingham Palace” because it’s reported that the Beckham’s spent £3million on refurbishing it. This 7-bedroom property is set in 24 acres, and is currently valued at £7-million.
Purchase price: $5million
Celebs don’t get much bigger and richer than P-diddy. He’s well known for having an extravagant lifestyle, so no doubt he has extravagant properties to keep in line with his image. This is just one out of many properties that he currently owns. It’s a $5million 3bedroom apartment, overlooking Central Park. Now, you know someone’s rich when they pay $5million for a mere 3 bedroom apartment. I once saw a documentary on P-Diddy, and apparently he uses this property just for storing his clothes. I kid you not. Essentially, it’s a $5million clothing rack….apparently.
Purchase Price: Approximately $2million
Yes, the richest person in the world ladies and gentlemen. Don’t be fooled by the $2million purchase price, that was back in 1988, and just for the land. It’s now worth a staggering $125million; that’s the Bill Gates we know. It’s a specific lodge style house, it occupies 50,000 square feet of land. The house is located in the side of a hill overlooking Lake Washington in Medina, Washington. It’s noted for its design and the technology it contains
I have a dream to have a my own home.So i decided to to choose this artical
ART OF TATTOOThe word ’Tattoo’ is usually meant to be a decorative design or mark that is put on the skin. Actually it is an art, which helps you reflect different messages through the symbolic designs or marks made on your body. However this term ’Tattoo’ may have different meanings in the opinion of different people.
On the one hand to some people the word ’Tattoo’ represents the sounds made by the tattooing machine while making tattoos on the skin of those being tattooed. On the other hand to some others the name ’Tattoo’ is derived from the Polynesian word ’Ta’, which means striking something. For still others this term is related to England. In England the word ’Tattoo’ was used to describe the beating of military drums.
As both the words originate from Latin for marking the action of striking or beating, it is believed that over the years they might have got rolled into one and later started being used for the art of tattooing.
Usually the tattoo is placed permanently under the skin but there are temporary tattoos also such as the ’Henna Tattoos’ or the ’Mehendi Tattoos’, which are equally popular among the people.
Moreover, today the tattoo is not only a fashion symbol but also very useful for other purposes like identifying criminals, prisoners, race horses and other animals. In India people use this art of tattooing even for decorating their cattle.
REMOVAL TECHNIQUES FOR TATTOO
There are various methods and techniques used for removing the tattoos from the body. You can select any one of these techniques for yourself in order to remove any. You are also free to attempt to camouflage an old tattoo with a latest and different one. Some of the techniques are given below.
1. Laser Treatment The laser treatment can be used to lighten the tattoos more easily and effectively. This technique requires several visits during a period of seven days or even months. This method of treatment might cause some individuals experience hypopigmentation, which represents lightening of the natural skin coloring, in the affected area. The laser treatments can also cause some tattoo pigments to change to a less desirable shade. It is also reported to cause allergic reactions to the individuals who have taken laser treatments to remove the tattoos. It is because the laser caused allergenic substances in the tattoo ink to be released into the body. This treatment is expensive also.
2. Dermabrasion This technique of tattoo removal involves abrading layers of skin with a wire brush or diamond fraise, which is a type of sanding disc. The main drawback of this method is that it may leave a scar on the skin.
3. Salabrasion This is the method in which a salt solution is used to remove the pigment of tattoos. This technique is sometimes used in conjunction with dermabrasion. However this method of tattoo removal is not very popular.
4. Scarification This is the technique in which the tattoo is removed with an acid solution. The acidic solution used in this method creates a scar on the place of tattoo after removing it.
5. Surgical Removal This method of removing tattoos sometimes involves the techniques of tissue expanders such as balloons inserted under the skin. This is because when the tattoo is cut away, there is less scarring on the skin. The tattoos that are large in size may require repeated surgery for complete removal.
6. Camouflaging The technique of camouflaging a tattoo entails the injection of new pigments into the skin. This helps either to form a new pattern or to cover a tattoo with skin-toned pigments. However, it is observed that the injected pigments tend not to look natural as they lack the skin’s natural translucence. I got this idea of this article when watched 'ninja' movie & www.google.com